These Ortiz anchovies are sustainably fished from the cold waters of the Cantabrian Sea, off Spain’s north coast. They are caught in the season each spring and taken immediately to the curing rooms of Conservas Ortiz. They are salted and cured for 6 – 12 months depending on the size of the fish. When the anchovies have reached peak flavour, they are hand-filleted, trimmed and hand-packed in olive oil. Conservas Ortiz anchovies are some of the finest you can buy.
Brindisa offers a story of Spanish foods. Brindisa’s name comes from the word ‘Brindis’, which means to raise one’s glass in a toast, and Brindisa celebrates varied cultures, landscapes and exceptional foods of Spain. Founded by Monika Linton in 1988, she believed the foods she loved in Spain deserved to find a wider audience and now, over 30 years later, Brindisa has put fine Spanish food firmly on the gastronomes’ map of the UK, delivering to the UK’s finest restaurants and delicatessens.
Weight per tin: 47.5 g
Drained Weight per tin: 29 g
- Ingredients: Anchovy (FISH) (Engraulis encrasicholus), olive oil, salt.
- Allergy information: Not recommendable for people with fish or protein allergy.
- Storage: Minimum shelf life of 245 days when delivered. Before opening, keep in a cool and dry place between 5 - 15°C. Once opened, keep refrigerated below 8°C in a non-metallic container, covered in the olive oil and consume within 4 days. Not suitable for home freezing.
- Manufacturer: Conservas Ortiz.
- Country of origin: Spain.
- Category: Fish
- Weight: 12 x 47.5g
Brindisa Ortiz Spanish Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil - 12 x 47.5g - 12 Pack
- Brand: Conservas Ortiz
- Product Code: BOSAF475
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £44.99